Police are investigating up to 12 deaths of residents at care homes run by a private company after allegations were raised about a lack of care.
West Sussex council has suspended the placement of elderly people or adults with learning difficulties at eight of the 20 homes run by Sussex Health Care and offered residents the chance to move.
On Friday police met families whose relatives’ experiences are the subject of its inquiry and told them that the investigation was at an early stage.
Sussex police said that concerns had been raised about alleged lack of care and safeguarding for 43 residents, 12 of whom had died. It added that no criminal offences had been established.
The local authority has identified two of the residential…
Anger at secrecy over pig‑virus sausages
Magnificent maths men whose heroics in the air equalled death