DES MOINES, Iowa (KCRG-TV9) — Iowa was named 2017’s second best state for health care in a new study from personal finance website, WalletHub.com.
This ranking is the latest in a number of recent reports giving Iowa high marks for health care including:
• 2nd highest Medicaid patient satisfaction
• 5th best state for overall child well-being
• 7th best state for mental health care
• Outpaced nation in overall well-being at twice the national average
In order to determine where Americans receive the highest-quality services at the best prices, WalletHub analysts compared all 50 states and Washington, D.C. across 35 measures of cost, accessibility and outcome.
Some of Iowa’s scores are:
• 1st – most hospital beds per capita
• 6th – percentage of insured adults (18-64)
• 10th – percentage of insured children (0-17)
• 2nd – lowest infant mortality rate